Friday, April 26, 2013

Life is Short

Today, on my way home from work, I saw a pigeon in the middle of the three lane road I took. The poor thing must have had a broken wing because as I was approaching it I noticed it hobbled along the road, even with cars coming close to it. I figured it would get out of the way before it would get hit; I kept going. As I noticed all the cars speeding behind me, I changed my mind and I wanted to go and try to help it. I didn't even go 100ft away from where the pigeon was in the road. I couldn't do a u-turn at the first light I approached so I had to go around which took maybe two minutes. I finally came back to where the pigeon was stopped. It was too late. It was dead. Flat on the road. I can only blame myself because had I been more selfless, as soon as I saw it I would have pulled to the side. I mean there were no cars behind me when I first immediately saw it. I could have just kept my car in the middle of the road until it made it to the curb safely. It only took two minutes, less than two minutes before a bird lost its life.

Life is precious and short. Life can be gone in any month of any year, any day of any week, any minute of any hour. Life can be gone any second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments?